Communitas America has partnered with the Zahn Innovation Center of the City College of New York to implement the first Impact Career program in the United States. The program allows for a cohort of 10 curated students to participate in an intensive training and summer internship with social enterprises. Over 60 students applied to the program ranging from freshman to graduate students. They go through a 2 day bootcamp where they get an overview of the social impact field and get matched to 10 different social enterprises. Over the summer the students will continue to meet together every two weeks at a different social enterprise to participate in a workshop to learn more about a different social enterprise as well as growing in their skills in the social impact field.
- Application opens
- 10 Students are selected for full time paid summer internships with Social Enterprises
- 2 day Social Impact Bootcamp
- Mandatory for the selected students
- Open to other students who applied and are interested in the training
- Summer Internships with Social Enterprises
- Students participate in 10 weeks of full time internships with various social enterprises
- Bi-Weekly Development Workshops
- 5 Workshops hosted by different Social Enterprises to gain exposure about different Social Enterprises as well as grow their professional development skills.
Social Enterprise Partners